Tuesday, December 13, 2005

My experience in Qur'an Recitation Competition ~ Sis Faiza

Aslam-o-Alaikum brothers and sisters in Islam !
I went to pray Jumma on 18th of November when AdamsCenter's directorbrother Magid announced after namaz about the quran recitationcompetition which would held on 10th of December, his announcementsuddenly clicks in my mind to participate and see where i stand amongmany reciters. Since then i started practicing Surah Jumma which isin 26th juz of Quran and used to recite it everyday to my teacher.SubhanAllah, i love that Surah b'coz of the fact that AllahSubhanAllah is starting this surrah by telling us His greatness, thathow great is He about Who everything in sky and in earth praises.A night before competition, i recited it again to my teacher on phoneto make sure that i'm not making any mistake and after listening tome she advised me to make dua before entering into competition room.I slept early in order not to miss my Fajr prayer and to make Allahhappy by bowing to Him and asking His help in competition.Atlast the day arrived and i was so nervous and my mind wascontinuosly surrounded by different thoughts that who will be thejudge, Allah knows how many reciters are participating. Truelyspeaking i wasn't expecting many reciters there as here in Americayouth is more about to be westernize than try to hard to be a Truebeliever, the ones whose qualities has been told by Allah SWT inquran.But Al-Humdulilah including me there were 10 reciters. Mosque'shallways were crowded with competitor's parents. I stepped in andsaid Salam to this girl who caught my appearence first. She guided me towards further steps in order to participate. The competition was held by American Muslim Bridges Tv which would be broadcasted on DishNetwork channal 517.i was so nervous and was shivering with fear that what would happen,but i was having this firm believe in Allah which was making my heartfeel very different kind of happiness and comfort which i never feltbefore.After Zuhr namaz, competition took place in Mosque's library. Therewas this pretty lady wrapped in scarf and hijab who announced ournames one by one for reciting infront of judges. I can't explain hownervous i was at that time. Atlast my turn came up and i was thereinfront of judges, my heart started beating so badly, but Al-Humdulilah Allah's help give me courage to control and i started withAO ZUBILAH HIMINASHAITAN NIRAJEEM and there u go, just closed myeyes, and recited Allah's beautiful verses of Surah Jumma.After listening to all reciters i was pretty sure that i did goodthan them, and make Allah much happy, but suddenly this girl steppedin and handed her entry form to the announcer who let her toparticipate as she was late. SubhanAllah she recited so beautifullyand after listening to her i was like i think she might makes Allahhappy more than me.One of the judges announced the results. Adil in boys stood first whowas mashallah Hafiz, and then among girls they were like there is atie between two and we are going to do draw, they did draw twice andannounced that Ameena is first and Faiza was the one who was havingtie with her so she stood second. I just looked her, she looked at meand we both smiled at each other. i went to her to congratualte her,we shook hands and gave hug to each other. Al-Humdulilah, i think noone except Allah can feel that happiness which i was having for herand for myself. and the shukar and dhikr i was havinf for my dearestAllah SWT.I went out from the library and there was this lady who listened tomy recitation came over to me, hugged me and introduced me to a groupof girls, i can still hear her compliments about me that Faiza is achampion. She advised all of those girls to start taking classes ofTajweed and Ahkam from me.Al-Humdulilah the respect i earned was not possible with HisAlMighty's permission. There was only one word which was coming outfrom my lips and that wasAL_HUMDULILAH AL_HUMDULILAHprasie be to Allah only who create us and even we are sinners, butHis blessings are neverending.On my way home i compared this judgement with the judgment whichAllah is promised and going to judge our deeds. The way i was feelingtoday, i predicted that it would be the same feeling which every1will experience but it would be worst at that time specially worstfor those who just waste their precious life in earning this world'scomforts, but never think that we need the happiness of thatJUDGE whose judgemnt will be just and fare and there would be no tie.Whenever i recite, this Hadith comes in mind which is HADITH-e-QUDSIthatHoly Prophet p.b.u.h said that Allah SWT said "people would be givenlevels in Heaven and they will be told that start reciting quran andhow much u memorized and know Allah's verses that how high ur levelwould be and people from the lower level would feel proud on thosewho knows Allah's verses and get the highest level.SUBHANALLAH.May Allah SWT, our LORD, our Creator, give us courage to recite hisverses everyday. May He Almighty bless us in this world and inhereafter, and save us from shaitani techniques and guide us towardsSIRAT-E-MUSTAQEEM.Ameen Sum Ameen.Take care of ur Eman
Allah Nigheban.