Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Poetry: Letter to My Son

Letter to my son

Son, I hope this meets you in good health
Perfect state of mind
I always wish you well, striving hard
To feed you with halal wealth

I pray you memorize the whole Qur'an
Before the age of ten
Know its meanings too
All the sayings and Sunnah of Rasulullah

I pray you make good grades
All the way and get a good degree
Someday. Add value to humanity
Positively, of course

I pray you never miss a single raka’at
Of all the salats in your life
In congregation, and the nawafils too
Never forgetting me in your du’as
And mama too

Son, make the best use of this world
Fleeting as it is, to get the best
Of the next world.
Be firm and bold

Son, Satan is your enemy
He has agents; he uses music
Movies and co to conquer
Stay away from them

Always speak the truth
Wherever you are
Always speak good
Or keep silent

Do not envy, be contented
You only get what is decreed
Your altitude is predestined
Maintain a positive attitude

Give much love to mama
Three times more than mine
Never mind, I gave same to mine
Take care of your sisters, be a caring mahram

I pray you achieve your dream
Of joining the army
But live and die only For Allah
That is why I named you
Abdullah

Fatherly yours,
Abu Abdullah